
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I'm a Mom!
So as previously announced, I recently became the den leader for the bears in one of the Bellevue cub scout troops. The position is a calling in our church. The day I was called about receiving a calling Matt and I racked our brains trying to imagine what it could be. As Matt sat next to me and they announced what it was, he literally started laughing out loud and my face was dumbstruck. You see, growing up in a house full of girls has made me completely oblivious to boy scouts. I don't know what a webelo is or what a merit badge is. My first day I was asked to help recite the cub scout promise. I literally stood with my two fingers in the air and read the piece of paper aloud. And while I feel completely oblivious as to what is going on, it has seriously been so much fun already to interact with these silly boys. One of my favorite happenings so far was seeing a little boy ask anther of my bears what his name was. He timidly replied with "My first name is John and my last name is Smith so my name is John Smith" (names have been changed). This month we're learning about folk tales and as I read the story of Paul Bunyan to them with pictures they were so entertained. They went on and on about how cool it would be to be a giant with super strength. One boy even wrote a story about how he had giant heavy boots that made lakes when he walked (John Smith...I guess he's one of my faves). In all, I'm having fun and taking it as a sign that maybe I need to start getting used to dealing with little boys... The best part of the job is the new addition to my wardrobe. Nat, I knew you would get a kick out of the picture below.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You look HOT In that cub scout shirt! I am like you, I would have no idea what to do with scouts. I'm now the Primary President and I know that scouting has something to do with primary and I can't quite figure it out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ohhhh my gosh. my day just got 18 times better because of this post. Kaitlin you are bound to have like 3 boys in a row before you get a girl. that sucks. hahahhahah. i wanna borrow that shirt. thanks.
Oh, I SOOO wish that I could convince them to send us to Oregon! Problem is, I've got to convince Talon first...then convince the company (they actually told us we could live in Oregon if we wanted to).
And WHAT are you talking about, your blog makes you feel inadequate! It's adorable!
P.s. Have you ever seen the movie...speak of the devil!
kaitlin, you are STYLIN in this baby
Kaitlin I MISS YOU!!! haha. I just barely started blogging and found you!! Washington looks so pretty and you and matt are so cute together. I miss hanging out with you guys. Like going to baseball games while teaching me how to play sudoku at the same time. Remember when that kid forgot my name!! haha. love it. Tell matt hi!!
kaitlin SERIOUSLY?!?! don't act like you're busy
Post a Comment