Thursday, September 11, 2008

Forks, WA

Shortly after returning to Washington, my sisters and I took the four hour trip over to Forks, WA. I know, everyone knows I'm obsessed with the Twilight books. (Solveig, I got Annie started. I'm coming for you next!) We were all super psyched when we pulled into the tiny town as rain was lightly falling. We couldn't have asked for more from the sweet town. The visitor's center had created maps outlining the characters' homes, places of interest (the High School, Hospital, and Outfitters), and places that had Twilight inspired cuisine. Of course, we went everywhere and ate all the twilight food. Originally when I was planning the trip I thought we'd take about three days to go all around the town. However, in all honesty it probably took us two hours to see everything. Luckily we took our time and had a total blast! I miss the little town of forks and its one stoplight, no movie theater, two restaurants, and funny people. Here were some of the highlights of the trip:

1. Walking into Subway and taking a picture of the sign that said "Twilight Sandwich" only to return later and have a new worker say, "Yeah, we've had some crazy people come in and do things like take a picture of our dumb sign." Oops.

2. Seeing LDS missionaries walking on the road and rolling down the window to say hello while Natalie still had her fangs in. They asked if we were there for Twilight. How'd they guess?

3. Driving around looking for Jake's house only to turn down a road where a reddish wolf was walking toward us. Sadly, it got closer and we realized it was a dog who ate some treats we gave him.

4 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I"m so jelouse and I love the pictures. Now I'm off to go tell my sister to look at them

Stillman and Michelle said...

HI Brigitte's sister Michelle here. That looks so fun! I want to go!!

Natalie said...

love the pics...i'll tget some other ones up

Linds said...

Looks so fun!!!