Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this but I'm literally hearing new whining about it every day and it's getting ridiculous. Last Saturday, my family went with a bunch of friends and extended family to the BYU vs. Washington football game at Husky stadium. We had so much fun cheering with the rest of the BYU Alumni section. The game was somewhat close at times and was very entertaining for the entire three hours. For those who HAVEN'T heard, in the last few seconds, Washington's QB ran in for an amazing touchdown in some of the final seconds to make the score within one point. He was so excited he threw the ball OVER THIRTY FEET in the air. The ref called unsportsmanlike conduct which carries a fifteen yard penalty. BYU then blocked the PAT and won the game. Now a ton of people are whining, saying the call was a judgement call, BYU stole the game, the refs decided the game, blah blah blah. What's sad is that BYU is not getting any credit for the GREAT game they played. They had a great block on the kick that Washington SHOULD have been able to still make. And finally, even if they had made it, BYU would have won in overtime. But I guess that's Washington. The funny thing is, everyone's upset about it and yet the kicker's statement yesterday was that he didn't think the 15 yards made a difference and that he should have made the kick. Period. Sorry Huskies. YOU LOST. GET OVER IT! And way to go BYU! The funny thing is, Washington was lucky to have gotten as close as they did. If we had a rematch, BYU would wipe them out and yet I have a feeling Washington would still find something to cry about. Overall, I wish more people would recognize the effort put forth by BYU to block that kick and win a great game. Go Cougs!In other football news, Interlake won its first game on Friday! YAY! It was so fun to see Missy cheer, especially since they really had something to cheer about!
2 comments:
So true! I thought it was AWESOME when BYU blocked the kick. Yeah Cougs! Did you go to the game or just watch it on t.v.? I heard it was CRAZY with a million BYU fans there! (Two of my friends went.)
Are you guys loving it there? I'll bet it's awesome to be by your family. I miss pottery class...we had fun. "Have you ever seen the movie...speak of the devil?" HAHA!
yeah as much as i loooove washington...it was a fluke..and get over it. 59-0 WHAAAT
Post a Comment