Thursday, April 3, 2008

Brother Dogg


Last night some friends and I went out to celebrate my friend Stephanie's birthday. We had delicious pizza at Pizzeria seven twelve and decided to go to sub zero for a treat afterward. We ran into a guy I knew from one of my classes who is absolutely hilarious. In class he is always making jokes, goofing around, etc. So it wasn't very uncharacteristic of him when he stood up in the middle of the ice cream shop and announced loudly that Snoop Dogg had officially joined the Church. Everyone laughed and went back to their business. Well, imagine my surprise when I came home to find my news alert on CNN that in fact this humorous tale was actually TRUE! According to the article, Snoop was invited by Gladys Knight to a concert that was held in an LDS meetinghouse and later invited him to participate in what we mormons know as "FHE" or Family Home Evening. He said, "I was hooked from the start. We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real." Wow is all I have to say. In the article he also addresses his past, how this new conversion will be addressed on his reality show, etc. Check it out at the CNN link above. I'm just loving this. I can't imagine walking into my ward and seeing Snoop with his family there. It would be off the chizzain!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm APRIL FOOLS dumb dumb...check when the article was written

Kaitlin said...

Shhh! I know, silly. But who knows if maybe there's a grain of truth in there somewhere!

The Evans said...

oh my gosh! that's funny!

Anonymous said...

don't worry I thought it was true too and texted seriously like eighteen people...

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

We couldn't come down to the reunion becuase Jeremy would have had to have missed class and he can't miss any more. You need to take pictures for us and post them so we can see everyone.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Hey do you guys thinkyou could take out last name off the link to our blog please, thanks!

Jessie J said...

haha! i got the text from kate