We're still waiting around for our little guy. People keep asking if we're nervous or if I'm scared about the delivery. At this point, the excitement has outweighed any fears I might have. However, one thing I am nervous about is making sure I know how to take care of a boy, having grown up with only girls. This commercial pretty much covers one of those large concerns:
4 comments:
Hilarious! The first like 5 weeks, just be prepared to get peed on EVERY diaper change! (Have a wipe handy BEFORE you take the diaper off.)
P.s. I'm used to all girls too...really wanted a girl, or so I thought...but I LOVE my boy. I could have all boys from now on! :)
The best advice I can give you is to keep a baby washcloth handy every time you change him and just cover him up until the last possible second. Worked like a charm! Oh, and keep everything handy to make it quick--even have the diaper open and ready to go! :) Good luck!
I meant, cover up his little "bits and pieces" with the washcloth while you slide the diaper under. :)
Love you guys! :)
Julie
I remember being scared about not knowing how to take care of a baby. When I left the hospitol I was thinking, "are you serious? I have to figure this out alone now? No nurses to help? WHAT!" We did just fine I think.
Yes, with a boy you eventually learn to not freak out when getting peed on. It washes off. Plus when they are first born and thier just drinking milk its pretty clean and clear.
Our first gross moment was when he had his first poopy blowout, which coniscidently was the night we were hanging out with you guys in Provo and it was also the first time we didn't have a change of clothes on us. lol!
Post a Comment