Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yes we can eat cupcakes, and we did!!




Now that a lot of the inauguration hoopla has died down I wanted to rev it up again with a little recount of what my family did to celebrate. The day before we headed down to Trophy Cupcake in Seattle for some yummy Obama cupcakes (as seen in picture). We saved those for the next day and got to snack on some delicious red velvet ones for that day. The sad part was, as we sat down to munch, some terrible teenage boys set off a stink bomb at the table across from us. Needless to say, the rotten egg aroma nearly ruined our cupcake experience but fortunately the windows snatched the scent pretty quickly and we still had a great time.

The next day we each watched separately as our new president was sworn in. Without getting overly political, I have to say I was so proud to be an American and excited to see such a historic event. Having only voted twice, with this being the first time my choice has been elected I am excited and hopeful for the future!! Yay!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

yummmmy red velvet. I wish you guys would've mailed me an obama cupcake. or at least frozen one for me till i got home. guess i'll just move to australia..oh wait.