Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Birds...

For his birthday, I bought Matt a bike so that we could start riding together more often. We've already had tons of fun riding places instead of driving, and we've saved gas money too! For fun, on Saturday, we went on a 24 mile trek up the provo canyon. It was very fun, Matt even brought sliced mangoes and peaches for our half-way point. On the way home, as we were headed down the trail, a HUGE eagle soared probably thirty feet above our heads. It was amazing. As I was contemplating how beautiful that bird had been, a little bird flew above me and pooped on my shoulder! I was so disgusted. I have NEVER been pooped on before and had we not been ten minutes from home I probably would have been a bit more upset. Luckily, Matt helped me laugh it off as I cursed the bird under my breath. The next day after church, I was sitting in our front room when a bird about the same size as my enemy came ramming into our glass window. We looked out to see it take its last breath right outside. Admittedly, I felt pretty sad for the little thing but now I try to imagine that was the bird that pooped on me that was coming back to mock me. Needless to say, I've decided I don't really like birds.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Hmm I love birds. Mostly just ducks and geese. However there are these little birds that live in our parking lot that apear to be soooo cute at first, until you relize they are pains. For some reason they are obsessed with the mirrors on our car. yes JUST OUR car. and there are always poop straks down the side of our car under our mirror and they leave little beak scratches on our side mirrors (luckily they wipe off).

On another note, Jeremy and I got really into riding our bikes last year and we were loving it. Then one day I could barely make it a block without getting exhuasted and feeling sick. Well thats because Brogan was coming and I didn't know it yet. That put an end to our bike riding for a while. He is way better than a bike though, but we want to get a bike carriage for him so we can ride again. Sorry this is so long!

Kaisha said...

I found your blog! I've never had problems with birds before, but from hearing your story, I think there is a possibility I will feel how you felt sometime in the future.

Annie. said...

Hi Kaitlin! I found you. :) It was fun to read your posts. Shoot me an email at anniewebbphotography@gmail.com and I will put you on my readers list for our blog too!