
As I've mentioned before on this blog, my dad seems to be the trendestter when it somes to technology, music, and especially books. He recently reccommended to me a book I should LISTEN to. (He uses the website program audible.com to get books to listen to.) Anyway, I loaded it up thinking I would give it a try sometime. On the way down to vegas, I started the listen and was HOOKED in a matter of minutes. Part of it was the story, and a big part was the narration. You have to listen to this book! It's about the "help" in Jackson, Mississippi in the 60's. It's narrated by two black maids and one white woman who cummalteively give very interesting perspectives of what it was like to live in their situations back then. You will laugh, cry, think, laugh so more, and be glues to your iPod, iPhone, or whatever other listening device you may use. You can find the link here. Go ahead and listen to the preview, but as a warning....once you start, you won't be able to stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment