Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Childbirth Class

First let me start by saying I got my test results back from the previous post and they were negative! Everything's still going great!

We started our childbirth classes last night. All I can say is...wow. Despite some of the scary things we had to listen to and watch, I luckily had my husband there who managed to make me laugh through a lot of it....even if he wasn't trying to.

Here are some highlights:

1. When the instructor asked if anyone would like a birthing ball to use to be more comfortable, Matt asked for one... to put his feet on....

2. We went around in a circle telling what we hoped to gain from the childbirth experience. The couple next to us said, "we'd like to go through the process completely pain med free and as natural as possible." When it was our turn, Matt said "we'd like to go through the process with as many pain meds as possible." oopsy.

3. Watching "the video" Matt was continually looking back at me with googly eyes and shaking like he was having a seizure. Yes honey...that raises my confidence thank you.

4. The last thirty minutes of class were spent experimenting with relaxation and breathing techniques which meant partners were supposed to massage their respective prego with a tennis ball. This started out great until Matt got bored with that and started bouncing the ball of my back. Luckily I wasn't actually going through any pain or there may have been a problem.

5. We left the class feeling very excited, but Matt said "I think a bunch of women just got together and said, 'lets make a class where our husbands have to give us back rubs throughout class. We'll call it Birthing Class.'"

In all seriousness, Matt was great through the whole thing. I actually appreciated having someone lighten the mood a bit through the whole thing. Can't wait for the next four weeks...

2 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

so funny!. WHen Jeremy and I had Brogan there wasn't a regular childbirth class anywhere in the valley that worked with our scheduals, so we signed up for a "refresher" course for parents who already had kids. LOL! We took it with my sister and it was nice because it was only two nights. I think Jeremy was just as Sarcastic and funny as Matt.

Natalie said...

this might be my all-time favorite post. seriously.