Thursday, July 23, 2009

potter....harry potter

Harry Potter is pretty serious around the Dew household. I've tried to get Matt into it with no luck. Luckily this year, all of us girls were around to go the Half Blood Prince premiere together. I don't know exactly how the idea of costumes came up but we all came up with something... even Momma! I stole these pics from Nat's blog since it seems like I'm photo impaired these days.

The group

Melissa a.k.a. Prof. Trelawney


Mom a.k.a. Nagini the snake

Brynn a.k.a. Luna Lovegood


Me a.k.a. Death Eater with dark mark but no mask :(

Natalie a.k.a. Dobby the house elf
Overall I think we all enjoyed the movie and had a great time together. Mom and Melissa slept through a good portion of it considering it was about 2am towards the end. I felt like there was a little too much fluff where more heart of the story could have been added but was still satisfied. These jerks sitting next to us stole two of our group's seats so we all squished together. Some of the best quotes of the night:
"Dobby, I'll give you some clothes"
"Whoa, a death eater or dementor... great costume to sneak in treats." (how'd they know ;))


2 comments:

Annie. said...

FUN! I loved the movie. Liked how funny it was - the last one was SO dark and deep. Refreshing.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

We are a Harry Potter family as well, and like you I have had no luck with my husband. He took me to the movie last night though. He hasn't read the books though and doesn't remember the movies very well so I always have to do a lot of explaining.

It was a good movie, but I don't think it was my favorite.