Thursday, June 11, 2009

life is sweet







Lately I have been OBSESSED with cupcakes. It all started with the introduction to RED VELVET. Bad idea. I used to think I didn't even like cake. That was before the intro to cupcakes. Now it's all I can think about. I research and dream and on lucky days EAT. Today was one of those days when I was looking at new cupcake places in the area. I emailed my family members the link to a new shop that had opened in Seattle and suggested we try it soon. I get a call a few hours later from my dad who has just taken the bus from work to pick up a dozen to bring home for everyone to try. I cannot even tell you how much this means/meant to me. Maybe it's the fact that I've been living on jello, yogurt, and protein shakes the last week or maybe it's the fact that my dad ALWAYS thinks about other people and ways he can help or make their days/lives that much better. Stay tuned for stories on that in a post to come... But truthfully I was just so grateful we came down to the folks' and got to hang with the fam and my sweet pup sunny. What a great night.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

yummmmy red velvet has been in like 50% of my dreams while i've been away. can't wait to go exploring for cuppycakes when i get home. ps what camera are you using for these pics!>>!>!