How can you not love that adorable smile? I mean, truthfully I have had a little thing for Griffey since back in my elementary school days. He is just so likeable! And to tell you the truth, I think Matt has a bit of a man crush on him too. Well, maybe that's going a little far but Griffey is definitely Matt's all-time favorite athlete. After it was announced he was coming back, I would hear echoes of Matt practicing announcing "Now batting, number 24, Ken Grifffeeeeeeeyyyyyy JJJJJJUUUUUUUNNNNIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRR." So of course we had to go out opening week to see the mariners play and welcome him back properly! Unfortunately, since we chose to go on the third day, Griffey had strained his back and wasn't playing and the mariners lost! Boo. But we still had tons of fun, ate some garlic fries and cotton candy and even won the mariners hat trick game. Can't wait to go back with the family on Saturday and hopefully catch a glimpse of that grin!
No comments:
Post a Comment