Lately I feel like my blogging has gone downhill. I have huge gaps where I haven't blogged for weeks and the same cycle seems to continue. Which is why I have made a resolution to blog at least once a week this year. Daunting, I know but I think I will really appreciate it if I can live up to the goal. Which brings me to what in the world have I been doing to prevent me from blogging. As Natalie says, what else do you have to do? Well, after my exhausting job search that proved somewhat fruitless I took a stab in the dark at a nannying job I found an ad for. I wrote a letter and sent it to the email address listed. I was called back several days later and went through a secretive and very long interview process before actually landing the job. I was shocked. So for the past almost two months I have worked for an extremely wealthy family in Bellevue which, for legal purposes must remain nameless. And I guess my experience has made me decide to tighten up our own privacy. I've had a few people say they've found our blog by googling my mom's name or other random things we've blogged about and now I just worry about the potential problems that could cause. Nevertheless, hopefully that gives a bit more background on the reasoning for going private. Otherwise, here are some of the things we've been up to lately:
1. Christmas was so much fun this year! We had tons of snow in Washington which allowed my sisters to have an early winter break. We started the holidays with sledding (on tubes and in cars), snow-dog building and snow cone making. It was so unusual but fun to be forced to stay inside with the family. Matt even got a few days off of work because of it!
2. I was called to be a primary teacher in our Church. The kids I teach are absolutely adorable and so funny.
3. I went with the family I nanny for to one of their houses in Sun Valley from Dec 26th to Jan 3rd. It was a lot harder than I could ever have imagined being away from family for so long, especially during the holidays. More on that to come.
4. Matt finished another semester of school! I am so proud of him for how well he did. Yay!
So Happy New Year everyone! And good luck with all those resolutions!
1 comment:
hey kaitlin! we check your blog every once and awhile and I was glad I caught you before you go private. We'd love to stay in touch with you guys, if that's okay! our email is zane and lexi at gmail dot com.
we heard all about the snowy christmas in washington!! take care and congrats on your job :)
Post a Comment