Wednesday, July 30, 2008

J.J. the Jetta

There's something about your first car that makes it that much harder to say goodbye to it. This past Saturday, Matt and I spent the morning cleaning out my Jetta to sell before we leave for Washington. Within 45 minutes we had a call from a guy that wanted to come take a look at it. He came a little later that night, test drove it, and paid cash right there for it. I have to say it all happened so fast I didn't even know what to think. I was imagining having it up for sale for at least a week or so and in the back of my head even hoped it wouldn't sell so I could keep him! Luckily, Matt was there to help me through my first car-selling experience. I had so many good memories of that little car and will miss him so much! He was the perfect size for fitting into the microscopic parking spots at king henry, could jump the medians of main streets, and seemed to love blasting music just as much as I did. I'll miss you J.J.! But I'm glad you went to someone who seems to love you almost as much as I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't imagine..seriously...i think i'm going to sob for days when i part with buggy. i don't even know..too many memories!